Choosing a Designer or Decorator
If your kitchen or bath remodel is a major project, you may want to enlist the help of an experienced designer or decorator. Working with a professional may save you time, headaches and money. Here are some tips to selecting the perfect partner for your project:
- Choose a designer who listens. During the interviewing process, see if they pay attention to what you want or if they push their ideas.
- Look for experience. Obviously, you want a proven designer or decorator, but experience may also bring connections in the industry. These connections could result in a referral to a quality contractor or discounts.
- Make sure they have a long list of qualifications.
- Does their portfolio reflect your style? Discover your style here.
- Ask about the work ethic and personality of the designers and decorators you are interviewing, as well as the outcome of the project.
- If you already have a contractor in mind, ask if he or she works with a designer or decorator. Since they will be working closely together, it is beneficial if your chosen professionals have a history together.